Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sewing Machine Cover

In case you haven't heard, my husband bought me a new sewing machine last week! I love it and have made several things on it already. Pretty soon I'll be able to start posting more of my own work along with a link if I made it using a tutorial.

Which brings me to this...

I had thought about buying one of those hard cases I saw for sale at Walmart... but how much more fun would it be to make my own?! I have this gorgeous table cloth that I bought from Target last year that I plan to use for it. It's too big for the desk I've been using it on. (I actually fold it in half.) So there's plenty of extra fabric for this project!

I found the picture above over at Make it and Love it
However, there's also a great tutorial over on Nap Time Journal.

2 comments:

- Kim said...

Congrats on the new machine. It makes it so much more enjoyable to sew when you have a good machine. :)
Where do you sew? Do you keep everything out or do you have to pack up after every project?
I wish I had a craft room... The part I hate most is packing everything back up every time. :P

Taylor Stoddard said...

Thanks! Yes, sewing is soooooo much more enjoyable now that I'm not getting frustrated with an inadequate machine. Makes a HUGE difference. I have my sewing machine set up in the living room. Luckily we have a loooong living room so we divided it in half. Half of it is the couch and tv. The other half is sitting behind the couch... where we have our computer desk and my sewing desk set up. Right next to my sewing desk is my tubs of fabric. On top of the desk are my sewing machine and small tubs filled with scissors, thread, needles etc along with the current project I'm working on. It's a lot nicer to have everything out. I used to have to pack it away every time and that just caused me to never want to get it out...

Right before baby gets here it's all going to be packed away. :( Have to make a temporary make shift nursery/changing area til he can sleep in the boys room.